Keep That Mane Clean, Smooth, And Under Control
Is your horse’s mane wild and unruly? Tame that mane with our Lycra Mane Tamer! Get braid and band protection without using a full sleezy hood. Featuring adjustable neck straps, our Mane Tamer keeps the mane laying flat while drying so that stray hairs stay in place. If you need to make an adjustment to your braids, simply slip your hands underneath—no need to take it off! The Mane Tamer is made from premium Lycra and does not need a halter to hold it in place.
- Made in the USA
- Made of high-quality, 4-way stretch Lycra
- High-strength Gütermann thread for supreme durability
- Protect your horse’s mane from the drying sun
- Full face coverage (so your horse stays cleaner)
- Extra-large eyeholes for comfort
- Adjustable elastic neck straps
- Minimal coverage keeps your horse cooler
- Machine wash
- Choose from a side-release buckle or Velcro closure on the girth strap
On the shelf and ready for immediate shipping!
Easy on/Easy off
In general, most horses tolerate things pulled over their heads. Therefore, putting on your horse’s mane tamer is easy to do. Firstly, open the noseband Velcro. Bunch up the slinky and slip it over your horse’s head. Adjust the holes until your horse’s eyes and ears are in the center. Slide the remaining slinky over the neck and shoulders. Close the girth attachment and mane clips. Close the noseband Velcro. Come back and adjust the elastic bands on the neck using the slider adjustments. Lastly, your mane tamer should fit smoothly, like swimwear, but not too tight to create a rubs.
Because these Mane Tamers contain 80% nylon/ 20% Lycra, it’s machine washable. Air dries in a jiffy. Also, follow our simple Care Instructions for best results.
lycra mane tamer