Tame That Gorgeous Mane!
Do you have a Tasmanian Devil in your pasture? Does everything you put on him get trashed in no time flat? The durable Tuff Stuff Sleezy is the solution! This brawny horse hood is made from Spandura™, an amazing high-tech fabric that combines the toughness of Cordura with the stretch of Lycra. Each yarn consists of Cordura fibers spun around a Lycra core, resulting in fabric that feels soft, supple, and stretchy—not stiff or boardy like other Cordura hoods.
- A high-quality, American-made product
- Crafted of innovative Spandura fabric, 350 gsm tough
- Trains the mane while keeping head, neck, and shoulders clean
- Extra length over withers for your horse’s comfort
- More tear-resistant than heavier-weight Lycra
- Provides an enhanced level of abrasion resistance
- Breathable fabric due to air-bulked yarns
- Wind-resistant to keep your horse warm
- Adjustable nose band for a great fit
- Extra-deep shoulder coverage & extra-large eyeholes for comfort
- Machine washable
Our customized-fit system ensures your horse gets the fit you’re looking for. No one-size-fits-all like the other brands! But your horse isn’t average? We’ll change our patterns to your measurements. Call us or use this Measuring Guide.
In addition, you can personalize your horse slinky with your name or monogram, your horse’s name, or advertise your farm or ranch. We’ll embroider up to 14 characters per line (including spaces). We recommend selecting a contrasting thread color that will show up.
Easy on/Easy off
In general, most horses tolerate things pulled over their heads. Therefore, it is simple to put on a sleezy. Open the noseband Velcro. Bunch up the slinky and slip it over your horse’s head. Adjust the holes until your horse’s eyes and ears are in the center. Slide the remaining slinky over the neck and shoulders. Close the girth attachment. Close the noseband Velcro. Thus, your horse slinky should fit smooth, like swimwear, but not tight.
Or watch this AQHA video on how to put on a lycra horse hood.
Your hard-wearing slinky contains 87% Cordura nylon/ 13% spandex fabric. Therefore, it is machine washable. Air dries fast. Also, follow our simple Care Instructions for best results. Wash your sleazy at least once a month to prevent bacteria build-up.
slinky horse wear