Tame That Wild Mane!
Do you have a little ruffin in your pasture? Does everything you put on him get trashed in no time flat? The durable Tuff Stuff Sleezy is the solution! This brawny mini horse hood is made from Spandura™, an amazing high-tech fabric that combines the toughness of Cordura with the stretch of Lycra. Each yarn consists of Cordura fibers spun around a Lycra core, resulting in a fabric that feels soft, supple, and stretchy, unlike other Cordura hoods that feel stiff or boardy.
- A high-quality, American-made product
- Crafted of innovative Spandura fabric, 350 gsm tough
- High-strength Gütermann thread for supreme durability
- Trains the mane while keeping head, neck, and shoulders clean
- Extra length over withers for your mini’s comfort
- More tear-resistant than heavier-weight Lycra
- Provides an enhanced level of abrasion resistance
- Breathable fabric due to air-bulked yarns
- Wind-resistant to keep your mini warm
- Adjustable noseband for a great fit
- Extra-deep shoulder coverage & extra-large eyeholes for comfort
- Machine washable
Sizing is based on the height of your mini at the withers. For this reason, our customized-fit system ensures your mini gets the fit you’re looking for. No one-size-fits-all like the other brands! But your mini isn’t average? We’ll change our patterns to your measurements. Call us or use this Measuring Guide.
In addition, you can personalize your miniature’s slinky with your name or monogram, your mini’s name, or advertise your farm or ranch. We’ll embroider up to 12 characters per line (including spaces). We recommend selecting a contrasting thread color that will show up.
Easy on/Easy off
In general, most minis tolerate things pulled over their heads. Therefore, it is simple to put on a sleezy. First, open the noseband Velcro. Second, bunch up the slinky and slip it over your mini’s head. Third, adjust the holes until your miniature’s eyes and ears are in the center. Fourth, slide the remaining slinky over the neck and shoulders. Lastly, close the girth attachment and the noseband Velcro. Your mini’s horse slinky should fit smooth, like swimwear, but not tight.
Or watch this AQHA video on how to put on a lycra horse hood. Likewise, it works great for minis.
Your hard-wearing slinky contains 87% Cordura nylon/ 13% spandex fabric. Therefore, it is machine washable and air dries fast. Also, follow our simple Care Instructions for best results. Wash your sleazy at least once a month to prevent bacteria build-up.
miniature horse tuff stuff hood