Save Time On Daily Mane Care
Get your horse’s mane to grow long, luxurious, and tangle-free—and reduce the time needed for daily care! Our Ready-Made Mane Sox protects your horse’s mane from sun and mud, which are extremely drying to the hair. They also eliminate the risk of the mane getting caught on stalls, gates, and fencing. No fleece to draw out hair’s natural moisture, and no Velcro to snag on the hair. Give that lovely mane the chance to shine—there’s no easier way to do it!
- Made in America
- Crafted from premium, 4-way stretch Lycra
- Protects mane from sun, mud, and snags
- Reduces drying and breakage
- No fleece to draw out hair’s natural moisture
- No Velcro to tangle the mane
- Stays secure even when your horse is turned out
- Package includes set of 6 mane bags
- Machine washable
On the shelf and ready for immediate shipping!
Easy to use
To begin with, mane socks are incredibly easy to use. 1) Wash and rinse the mane. Then, apply your favorite conditioning treatment. 2) Take a 2-3 inch section of hair and divide it into thirds. 3) Braid. 4) Insert the braid into a bag. 5) Weave the mane bag handles through the braid and tie them off. We don’t use Velcro® or fleece on our mane bags since Velcro® tangles and sticks to your horse’s mane. Fleece is equally as bad because it draws out the hair’s natural oils.
Since no special tools or bands are required, it is easy to train and tame your horse’s mane. Mane bags come with braiding instructions, or, you can print them out now.
Mane sock and mane bags are made with 80% nylon /20% Lycra. These man-made materials have the benefit of being machine washable and air drying fast. Therefore, for best results, follow our simple Care Instructions.
Like humans, mane growth can vary from individual to individual. However, most horses can grow stronger and longer manes with the right care.
A horse’s mane will grow anywhere from half an inch to 1.5 inches in a month, depending on the breed of the horse and other factors. For example, heavy breeds like draft horses will have faster mane growth, and the hair will be thicker.
Grow mane faster
What can you do to help your horse’s mane grow faster and thicker? Here are a few tips:
- Use a shampoo for hair growth.
- Leave-in conditioners can help.
- If your horse rubs his mane or tail, try to find and treat the root of the problem. Breakage will make the hair shorter and thinner.
- Make sure your horse’s diet is well-balanced. With this in mind, give your horse plenty of good quality forage and supplement with vitamins, minerals, and Omega-3 fatty acids.
- Add a good hoof supplement ( biotin) to the feed. This will help promote healthy hair growth, as well as good skin and stronger hooves.
- Remove dead, splitting, and damaged ends. It will encourage new growth by stopping damage from spreading.
- Get rid of snagging hazards. Walls, gates, as well as, fences are snagging hazards. Look for areas with holes, splinters, or splits in the wood. Therefore, sand these areas.
- Don’t brush the mane too often. Brushing breaks the hairs and will cause more harm than good. Also, whenever you brush the mane, use a detangler first.
- In conclusion, use mane sox to protect the mane from sun, tangles, and snags.
Once you get your mane long, here’s an article on helping you keep it that way.